When you are considering bankruptcy, the last thing you want to worry about is skyrocketing attorney fees. Other Utah bankruptcy law firms may quote you a low price to get you in the door, then add on more and more fees once you are committed. Attorney Jeffrey Q. Cardon understands that you are going through difficult financial times, so we have taken the mystery out of pricing. We are upfront about costs and fees from the very beginning, and we offer our customers reasonable, flexible payment plans.
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Our fees for a basic Chapter 7 case start as little as $900. But, if you need to file sooner rather than later and can’t put that much money together today, tomorrow, or next week we can work with you to pay whatever you can . . . even to filing your case for NO MONEY DOWN, if that’s where you’re at!
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy cases are more involved than Chapter 7 cases and can last up to five (5) years. For this reason, the judges in the Bankruptcy Court in Utah researched and set a fee they determined to be the mimimum reasonable for a Chapter 13 case. Here is how the fee works:
- If your household income is below the Utah median and your monthly payment is $200 or less then the fees start at $3,000.
- If your household income is below the Utah median and your monthly payment is $201 or more then fees start at $3,250.
- If your household income is above the Utah median fees start at $3,500.
- Whether your fees are the minimum or not, you can pay up front or after filing through your monthly payment to the Bankruptcy Trustee. And, as with Chapter 7 cases, if you need to file sooner rather than later, we can work with you to pay whatever you can up front . . . even to filing your case for NO MONEY DOWN!
Court Filing Fees
- Chapter 7 cases: $335.00
- Chapter 13 cases: $310.00
Other Costs and Expenses
- Pre-filing Credit Counseling: $9.99 and up
- Post-filing Debtor Education: $9.99 and up